SCRIPTED DIRECTED AND EDITED
- ‘PAYALI CHUM MUN’ – A music video from Vandana’s second instrumental album
‘Tarana…Phir Bhi’, a collection of popular Hindi film songs on the piano. Performed, directed, choreographed, and edited by Vandana Kohli.
- A Golden Jubilee film for India’s very first 5 Star Hotel, the Ashok Hotel, celebrating 50 years.
SCRIPTED AND DIRECTED
- Writer and Director for Diana Hayden’s anchor links on BIOGRAPHY WITH DIANA HAYDEN on THE HISTORY CHANNEL, National Geographic Television, 42 episodes. Additionally, there were three discussion episodes with eminent personalities including Mahesh Bhupathi,
Mahesh Bhatt and Salman Khurshid.
DIRECTED AND EDITED
- For Public Service Broadcasting Trust, (PSBT), four spots each featuring their trustees – Shyam Benegal, Mrinal Sen, and Adoor Gopalakrishnan, respectively, for telecast on Doordarshan’s National channel.
- RED ALERT: A Crime Show series on the STAR NEWS network. As part of the team that conceived the show, Vandana designed and directed the Pilot (with Series Director Sourabh Usha Narang) and subsequently the first four episodes of the program.
- LIFELINE MUMBAI: Tracking the Pulse – A 25-minute film for Ministry of Railways on their Suburban Railway System in Mumbai. Local trains carry 6 million passengers everyday. The film tracks passengers as well as those who keep the system running and in place. Produced as part of Indian Railway’s 150 Years celebrations.
- A PLATFORM TO TAKE OFF FROM – A 25-minute film on Modernization of Platforms showcasing Platform #12 at the New Delhi Railway Station. Produced by the Ministry of Railways as part of their 150 Years Celebrations.
- OFF THE SHELF – 13 episodes –Produced for IGNOU, each 28-minute episode of this program reviews books from various genres, on Art, Culture & Philosophy, children’s books, Classics, travelogues and contemporary authors. The program was telecast on Doordarshan’s National Network.
- Five 40 second public announcement spots on voluntary blood donation and AIDS with members of the Indian cricket team. These spots were made for the National AIDS Control Organization through the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity, (DAVP), Government of India.
- Nrityagram : The 13th zodiac, a film on Protima Gauri’s famous dance institution Nrityagram outside Bangalore. This film was the only accepted entry from India in an international film festival.
- “The Indian Mind”, telecast on Doordarshan as part of the slot of the millennium countdown on 31st December, 1999, directed by Documentary Filmmaker Rajiv Mehrotra.
- IRON MATTERS a film on Iron Deficiency for the WHO and UNICEF, directed by Documentary Filmmaker Rajiv Mehrotra.
- An bridged 2 hour version of the THE GREAT SWAN a 10 episode series on Ramakrishna Paramhansa for Doordarshan.
- A 16mm corporate film on Associated Cement Companies (ACC)
- Two films for United Nations Industrial Development Organisation highlighting the Indian industrial sector.
- Four Thirty second spots for the WFP, that are currently being telecast on various channels of Doordarshan’s network.
- 40-second public announcement spots
SCRIPTED NARRATED AND EDITED
- A series on Status of Women in the northernmost state of India, Jammu and Kashmir. The series documented the status of the women in the state with respect to facilities and opportunities related to Education, Health, Employment and Gender Equity.
- Breaking the Hunger Trap, a film documenting the initiatives of the World Food Program, a UN agency, in the tribal areas of Madhya Pradesh, Gujrat and Rajasthan.
- Ranthambore : A film on the famous Ranthambore Tiger Sanctuary in Rajasthan.
- Celebrations in Bundi : A film on the famous Bundi Utsav, a major festival in the desert state of Rajasthan. The film was telecast on Doordarshan’s premier Channel One.
SCRIPTED AND EDITED
- Researcher and Writer for MISSION UDAAN – Inside the Indian Air Force for the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL. A ten part series, Mission Udaan was part reality show, part documentary.
- A film for the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, documenting India’s Golden Jubilee Independence celebrations on 14th and 15th August 1997 in Delhi with particular reference to the tourism industry.
- A tourism promotional film for the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, on the Mountain Train Journeys of India. There are five such trains in the country which are living historical relics belonging to the bygone days of the steam engine. The oldest of them all is the quaint Darjeeling Hill Train which was constructed in 1889, more than a 100 years ago and is still in running condition!
- A film for Delhi Tourism Development Corporation on Beating Retreat, a ceremonial function displaying the grandeur of Military Bands.