- Professional Program for Producers, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 2008.
- Post Graduation in Film Editing from the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), 1996 (Topped all terms).
- Bachelor of Arts in History (Honors) from Lady Sri Ram College (LSR), University Of Delhi, 1993 (Topped Delhi University).
- A-Levels in Commerce from Delhi Public School, R K Puram.
- History of Art from the Indian National Museum.
- Interior designing from the Jenson & Nicholson school of Interior Design.
- Production Technology from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), 1991.
After completing film school, I worked briefly with the United Nations Development Fund for Women. I then assisted a reputed documentary filmmaker and also worked as Associate and Creative Director for TV India, a recognized Television Software Production Company.
Since 2002, I freelance as a Director, Producer and Scriptwriter.
For projects that are commissioned, my contribution is to conceptualize and execute a film that is high on research, well thought out and effective. Major project content has included:
Anger, Biotechnology, Women, Depression, Music, Crime, Biographies, Book reviews, Indian Law on Marriage and Dowry, Tourism, Indian Railways and the Indian Air Force.
Networks: National Geographic Channel, The History Channel, Doordarshan (India’s state public broadcasting network), Star Plus, and various ministries of the Government of India, amongst others.
Additionally, I conceived a style for the presentation of ‘Anniversary Films’ for various organizations. These short films (5-8 minutes) highlight the spirit, focus, work, history and feel of the organization. Some of these films are:
- Wings of Glory: 75 years of the Indian Air Force
- A Symphony Beyond Notes: 50 years of Lady Shri Ram College for Women (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpu7HjzO7qE)
- The Ashoka – India’s First Grand Luxury Hotel
- The Ford Foundation in India: Golden Jubilee
Though I’ve worked on several films and series, from my own ideas, I found funding to produce and direct:
- THE SUBTEXT OF ANGER – My most current film, this award winning international documentary explores the emotion, expression, mind-body-brain synapses and patterns that anger grips us with. World renowned neuroscientists, professors of Psychology, Economics, Sociology and other experts from the UK, USA and India, analyze the cause and impact of anger, essentially intertwined in these hurried times of strife and disquiet. The film has screened in Delhi, Mumbai, Prague, Berlin, Wiesbaden, USA, Iran, and Korea, among several other special screenings.
- OF SUCH TIMES: Reflections of Urban Indian Women –This film interviews women who graduated from one of India’s leading colleges, from the 1950s till 2004. It asks them the same questions on opportunities, aspirations, society and popular culture, to graph what has changed over fifty years and what hasn’t. The film has screened in Seattle, Los Angeles, Austria, Florence, with multiple screenings at New York, London, Delhi and Mumbai. Special screenings have been organized at various academic institutions that include UCLA and Harvard University, Boston, in May 2008.
- INTO THE ABYSS: A Film on Major Depression- “Into the Abyss” was amongst the first films on major depression produced in India. For its novel treatment and production, the film was Awarded BEST DIRECTOR (NON – FICTION) at the eminent RAPA Awards, Mumbai, 2003.